Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Adobe InDesign - Creating a New Document
In this document, you will learn how to use the new document window to your advantage.
To Create a New Document:
- Choose File > New > Document.
- Or press Cmd+N on the Mac or Ctrl+N on Windows
- The New Document dialog box combines the Document Setup and the Margins And Columns dialog boxes, the page size, margins, and page columns can be set up all in one place. These settings can also be changed at any time.
- Start with intent; choose Print, Web or Digital Publishing
- What is the intention for this document? note: Web does not mean web like a web page or an HTML page. It means a document that is going to be delivered on-screen. Probably 99% of the documents that are created with InDesign the intent chosen is Print. Print does not mean only print. If the document will become a PDF that that is online, you can still use print. When print is chosen, measurements are all set to picas, or inches, or centimeters and the colors are set to CMYK.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org