Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Adobe InDesign - Rulers and Measurements
This document will show you to use and understand rulers and measurements in Adobe InDesig
To Show or Hide Rulers
- In Normal View Mode (View > Screen Mode > Normal), choose View > Show Rulers or Hide Rulers.
To Change Measurement Units and Rulers
- Right click on the vertical or horizontal rulers at the top or left of the document
- Choose the preferred measurement from the drop down menu.
For more control:
- Choose Edit > Preferences > Units & Increments (Windows) or InDesign > Preferences > Units & Increments (Mac OS).
- Change the measurements using the drop down menus
- To change the value you want used for text size, choose Points or Pixels from the Text Size menu. This option is especially useful when if designing a document for the web.
- Customize all measurement settings to your liking within this menu.
- Click OK.
The Measure tool calculates the distance between any two points in the document window.
To Measure the distance between two points:
- Make sure the Info panel is visible (Window > Info).
- Select the Measure tool . (Click and hold the Eyedropper tool to display the Measure tool.)
- Click the first point and drag to the second point. Shift-drag to constrain the tool’s motion to multiples of 45°.The width and height measurements appear in the Info panel.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com