Adobe InDesign - Text on a Path
This guide will show you how to format text to flow along a path.
- Select the Type On A Path tool . (Click and hold the Type tool to display a menu containing the Type On A Path tool.)
- Position the pointer on the path until a small plus sign appears next to the pointer .
- Click the path. An insertion point appears at the start of the path by default.
- To confine the text to a specific portion of the path, click the path where the text should start, and drag along the path to where the text is to end, then release the mouse.
Edit or delete type on a path
Apply character and paragraph options to type on a path.
Edit and format path-type characters
- Using the Type On A Path tool, do one of the following:
Edit and format the text as needed.
- To add an insertion point, click between any two characters in the type on a path.
- To select characters, drag through the type on a path.
Delete type from a path
- Using the Selection tool or Direct Selection tool , select one or more type-on-a-path objects.
- Choose Type > Type on a Path > Delete Type From Path.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org