Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Adobe InDesign - Importing Images
This guide will show you how to properly import images using the "place command".
To Place a file:
- Do one of the following:
- To import a graphic without first creating a frame, make sure that nothing in the document is selected.
- To import a graphic into an existing frame, select the frame.
- To replace an existing image, select it’s graphics frame.
- Or press Cmd+D on the Mac or Ctrl+D on Windows.
- To select more than one file click once on the first image then hold down the Cmd key on the Mac, or Ctrl key on Windows, and click on next image.
- Select Show Import Options, and then click Open.
- Hold down Shift as you click Open or Shift-double-click a file name.
InDesign supports all the regulars. TIFF, JPEG, PDF, and so on. But it also supports native PSD files, that's Photoshop files, and most native Illustrator files.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com