Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Web App Consultation
Mailing Lists - Administration
Provides info about requesting list creation, administrative logins, changing list passwords, configuration changes, mass subscriptions and how to subscribe/unsubscribe users.
Requesting a list
When the request has been processed, you will receive confirmation that the list was created, the URL for configuration, and the initial password to log in with.
- Visit the admin index of mailing lists (for unadvertised lists, go to the index and add a / (slash) followed by the list name to the URL)
- Input your list password to enter the administration mode
All configuration for mailing lists is done through an interactive web form.
To access yours:
- Click Passwords in the menu at the top of the page
- Enter a new administrative password
- Click Submit Your Changes
- If this list is moderated, you may also set a separate password for list moderators if you don't want to allow administrator access
The first thing you need to do with a new list is change the password.
Most other options are fairly well described on the page. Initially you will probably want to make sure the "terse phrase identifying this list" accurately describes your list. You may also wish to include a longer description in the "introductory description" field.
- Click Membership Management at the top of the page,
- Click the Mass Subscribe link
- Enter email address, one per line, in the first large box
- Upload a plain text .txt file containing email addresses, with one per line
- Click Submit button.
- Click Membership Management
- Click Membership List
- Click the unsub box next to each email address you want to unsubscribe
- Click the button at the bottom of the page to unsubscribe those users
Similar to the process for mass subscription, there is a Mass Removal option to unsubscribe users in bulk by entering the addresses to remove.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com