Mailing Lists - Administration
Provides info about requesting list creation, administrative logins, changing list passwords, configuration changes, mass subscriptions and how to subscribe/unsubscribe users.
Requesting a list
UWO faculty, staff, and student organizations can request a mailing list by contacting the help desk (email@example.com or (920) 424-3020).
When the request has been processed, you will receive confirmation that the list was created, the URL for configuration, and the initial password to log in with.
The first thing you need to do with a new list is change the password.
- Click Passwords in the menu at the top of the page
- Enter a new administrative password
- Click Submit Your Changes
- If this list is moderated, you may also set a separate password for list moderators if you don't want to allow administrator access
Most other options are fairly well described on the page. Initially you will probably want to make sure the "terse phrase identifying this list" accurately describes your list. You may also wish to include a longer description in the "introductory description" field.
- Click Membership Management at the top of the page,
- Click the Mass Subscribe link
- Enter email address, one per line, in the first large box
- Upload a plain text .txt file containing email addresses, with one per line
- Click Submit button.
You must subscribe yourself if you wish to receive posts others send to the list. If the send welcome message option is selected, each user will receive a message containing the URL for the list home page, a randomly-generated password, and any text you have added to the welcome message. Additionally, you may wish to turn off subscribe/unsubscribe notifications if they are enabled (off by default).
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org