Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Adobe InDesign - Remove Discoloration from Transparency
This document provides instruction on removing discoloration from images with transparent backgrounds while printing from InDesign.
The discoloration is due to the printer's RIP not correctly exercising overprint. Thankfully, there is a solution that can be applied in Adobe InDesign.
Create a Transparency Flattener Preset
- Select Edit, then Transparency Flattener Presets.
- Select High as a starting point, then choose New.
- In the dialog box:
- Move the raster/vector slider all the way to the left.
- Set the Line Art and Text Resolution to 1200 (for campus color printers).
- Set the Gradient and Mesh Resolution to 300 (for campus color printers).
- Save the new Flattener Preset.
- Select File, then Print.
- Under Output, select Composite CMYK.
- Check the box next to Simulate Overprint.
- Under Advanced, select the new Transparency Flattener you created.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com