Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Adobe Acrobat - Quick Tools and Custom Tools
This guide will show you how to customize the Quick Tools on the toolbar as well as how to create Custom Toolsets.
One of the benefits of Acrobat is the ability to create Custom Toolsets and Quick Tools tailored towards the work which will be done to the PDF.
Customizing Quick ToolsCustomizing Quick Tools is an option where different tools can be added to the main toolbar. These tools can also be reordered and dividers can be put between different types of tools.
- Move the cursor to the toolbar and right-click an empty space.
- From the drop-down menu, select Customize Quick Tools.
- Select the tool desired to be added to the Quick Tools toolbar.
- Click the Add to Toolbar icon on the right-hand side.
- Once tools are added to the Quick Tools toolbar, it can be helpful to separate different tools. This can be done by selecting Add Divider to Toolbar at the top of the Customize Quick Tools window.
Creating Custom ToolsIf the amount of Quick Tools becomes too large to fit in the Quick Tools toolbar, there is also the option of creating Custom Tools.
- Select Tools from the main toolbar.
- Select Create Custom Tool from the list of tools.
- Select the tool desired to be added to the Custom Tool.
- Click the Add to Custom Set button.
- Once all the desired tools have been added to the Custom Set, click Save. The new tool will appear in the Tool Pane.
- It can be helpful to separate different tools within the Custom Tool and this can be done in the Create Custom Tool window by selecting Add Divider to Custom Set.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com