Adobe Acrobat - Restricting Editing
This guide will show you how to restrict editing and other methods of PDF protection.
In the case that a PDF needs to be protected from edits when sent out to other people, Acrobat provides protection for that. It also provides the ability to password protect a PDF.
- From the Tools Pane, select the Protect Tool.
- From the Protect Toolbar, select the More Options tool.
- From the More Options drop-down menu, select Security Properties.
- In the Document Properties window, select the Security tab.
- From the Security Method Drop-down Menu, select Password Security.
To add a required password to open the document, check the checkbox next to “Require a Password to Open the document”.To add a required password to be able to edit the document, check the checkbox next to “Restrict editing and printing of this document…”.Select OK to apply the security settings.The PDF must be saved before the changes will be completely applied to the PDF.
- A new window will pop up: the Password Security - Settings window.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org