Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Microsoft Excel 2016 - Other Common Functions
This guide will show you how to perform various other common functions within Excel.
RankThe Rank function gives a numerical ranking to each set of data depending on its place in a certain column.
- In the desired cell, type =RANK(X#, 1:1). The X# represents the the cell being ranked.
- To copy this formula to the other cells, hover the cursor over the bottom right cursor of the cell until the cursor turns into the black/thin +.
- Then, left click and drag the formula into the cells which the formula should go into.
MedianThe median function finds the median number in a set of data.
- Enter the formula =Median(X1:X2) where X=the column of the data, 1=the first cell to be analyzed and 2=the last cell to be analyzed.
Standard DeviationThe standard deviation function provides the standard deviation for a set of data.
- Enter the formula =Stdeva(X1:X2) where X=the column of the data, 1=the first cell to be analyzed and 2=the last cell to be analyzed.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org