Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Microsoft Excel 2016 - Formatting Cells
This guide will show you the wide variety of ways to format cells within Excel.
There are many varieties of formatting available in Excel. Here are just a few.
*The videos are not required but they do go in depth to show the many available formats of each type of formatting.
Numbers and Dates
- Select the row header, column header, or cells which should be formatted and then right click the header/cells.
- From the pop-up menu, select Format Cells.
- From the Format Cells window, select the Numbers tab.
- Choose the desired formatting.
- Select the Conditional Formatting tool from the toolbar.
- From the drown-down menu, select the appropriate formatting tool.
- To access tables, select all the data which should go into the table by left-clicking and dragging to highlight all the necessary cells.
- On Windows, select the Insert tab from the toolbar, and then select Table.
- On Mac, select the Tables tab and then select New from the Tables toolbar.
- Once the table is created, there are multiple options for table designs.
Shapes, Arrows, and Visual Features
- On Windows, select the Insert tab. On Mac, select Insert > Shape from the Mac menu bar.
- Select the desired shape by double clicking or dragging the shape onto the sheet.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com