Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 - Creating A Presentation From Scratch
This guide will show you how to create fresh presentations and slides in Powerpoint.
Create A New Presentation
- Open PowerPoint on the desktop.
- Click on Blank Presentation to begin.
- To start adding text to the slide, click within either of the boxes, and type out the needed words/phrase.
- It is important to know what number the slide is, or the location of the slide in the presentation, as this will be important for creating a presentation that flows in the right order.
- Click outside of the box when you are done typing.
Adding a New Slide
- Click on the Home slide in the toolbar, then select New Slide.
- Click on any of the layouts to use them.
- A new slide will appear underneath the first one in the left-hand column.
- Type desired text in the new slide.
- Hitting enter will create a new bullet point.
Saving your Presentation
- Click File, then choose Save As.
- Select a location to save the presentation.
- Hit Save.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org