Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
SCCM Software Center Basics
This document gives you the basic overview of SCCM and Software Center
SCCM - What is it?
SCCM stands for "System Center Configuration Manager", Microsoft's enterprise-ready software for allowing IT to manage computers running Microsoft Windows. This software allows for users of computers to install software and updates without needing administrative rights on the computer.
SCCM - What can I do with SCCM?Install campus software and update Windows 10 on their own without requiring administrative rights. Software installed on the computer will be automatically updated when updates become available without requiring the user of the computer to download updates from the internet.
SCCM - Where do I get it?
SCCM is automatically installed on campus PCs. A desktop icon labeled Software Center will be visible when it is ready to use.
Typical SCCM Tasks
- Managing which software is installed on computers (including optional and mandatory installs, and removing software)
- Allowing users to install and remove software using an app store interface called the “Software Center"
- Collecting statistics from client computers for reporting
- Managing settings for devices and users
- Upgrading computers to newer operating systems
- Deploying and managing antivirus protection
- Remotely controlling the computer for IT incident response
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com