SCCM Software Center Basics
This document gives you the basic overview of SCCM and Software Center
SCCM - What is it?
SCCM stands for "System Center Configuration Manager", Microsoft's enterprise-ready software for allowing IT to manage computers running Microsoft Windows. This software allows for users of computers to install software and updates without needing administrative rights on the computer.
SCCM - Where do I get it?
Typical SCCM Tasks
- Managing which software is installed on computers (including optional and mandatory installs, and removing software)
- Allowing users to install and remove software using an app store interface called the “Software Center"
- Collecting statistics from client computers for reporting
- Managing settings for devices and users
- Migrating computers to newer operating systems
- Deploying and managing antivirus protection
- Remotely controlling the computer for IT incident response
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com