Topics Map > IT Services > Account Access and Use
Topics Map > IT Services > File Storage & Sharing
Topics Map > IT Services > Software Support
OneDrive - Sharing OneDrive files and folders on Windows Operating System
This document provides step by step instructions on how to share Microsoft's OneDrive files and folders on a Windows Operating System.
Sharing Microsoft OneDrive files and folders:
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Click on OneDrive – University of Wisconsin Oshkosh on left side of the File Explorer window.
3. Right-click on the desired file or folder on the right side of the window.
4. Select Share on the pop-up menu.
NOTE: It’s recommended to share a folder and then place any desired files within.
NOTE: Only use the OneDrive – University of Wisconsin Oshkosh folder. Do not use the OneDrive folder if shown.
Click on Only the people you specify … to choose other options.
Select on the desired option and click on the Apply button.
Additional OneDrive file and folder sharing information (Google search 'onedrive sharing')
Enter email address of intended recipient of file or folder and press the Enter key.
Repeat for any additional recipients.
Click on the Send button.
If recipients don't have a OneDrive account, the following will occur:
- The recipients will receive an email with a link to the shared file or folder.
- When they click on the link, they will be prompted to click on a Send Code button.
- Once the button is clicked, they will be prompted for a Verification Code.
- They will receive another email with the Verification Code.
- They will be required to enter Verification Code at the prompt and click the Verify button.
- A OneDrive webpage will open in a browser and display the shared files.
If recipients have a OneDrive account, you should complete the following steps:
- Click on the Copy Link’ icon at the bottom left corner of the Send Link dialogue box.
- Compose an email in TitanApps.
- Enter I have shared a OneDrive folder on the Subject line.
- Paste the link onto the message body area located under the Subject line.
- Highlight the link and click on the Insert Link icon located at the bottom of the Compose window.
- Add the recipients from above to the To line and click on the Send button.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com