Topics Map > IT Services > Training
Loaner laptop for users traveling out of the country
This document will provide steps to follow for both the help desk and device support when setting up a user for travel abroad with a university provided loaner laptop.
When a user contacts requesting a loaner laptop
Help desk will generate a work ticket and assign to device support and inform user that loaner laptop is not to be used for accessing sensitive data.
Device support procedure
- Image laptop with off campus image
- Setup local account for user
- Provide laptop for user
- Keep work ticket open until user returns loaner laptop
- When user drops off laptop have them change both their NetID password and email passwords.
- Reimage loaner laptop with standard image.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com