WebNow - Application Blocked by Java Security
Webnow has an expired certificate (as of 7/14/14) and needs to be added to Java's site exception list (instructions below)
WebNow has an expired certificate and needs to be added to Java's site exception list (instructions below)
Do you have Java on your machine? Java is required for ImageNow access.
- If you are on Mac, you should be able to get it in the Managed Software Center (MSC)
- If you are on PC, you should be able to get it in the Software Center.
Manage the Exception Site ListThe exception site list is managed in the Security tab of the Java Control Panel (Control Panel - Java). The list is shown in the tab. To add, edit or remove a URL from the list, Click Edit Site List and follow the directions shown.
Starting with Java 7 Update 40, you can find the Java Control Panel through the Windows Start menu.
- Launch the Windows Start menu
- Click on Programs (All Apps on Windows 10)
- Find the Java program listing
- Click Configure Java to launch the Java Control Panel
Add a URL
- Once inside the Java Control Panel, Click the Security tab
- Click on the Edit Site List button.
- Click the Add in the Exception Site List window.
- Click in the empty field under Location field to enter the URL.
- Click OK to save the URL that you entered.
- Click Continue on the Security Warning dialog.
The first time you run WebNow after adding the exception, you will need to click I accept the risk and want to run this application and click Run