Accounts - Student Employee Accounts
This document explains what accounts a student employee will have and how a supervisor should make the request for new accounts.
Student Employee Accounts
To meet security requirements, student employees must use a unique/individual NetID and email address separate from their academic accounts so that we can manage their work identity without impacting their academic progress.
How do Supervisors Request Student Employee Accounts
- Make sure the student is in the HRS system. Accounts cannot be generated for student employees who are not in HRS.
- Contact the Information Technology Help Desk via phone, x3020, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org, to make the request for a new student employee account.
- Provide the following information:
- Student First Name, Last Name, NetID
- Any additional resources the student employee would need access to besides a computer (i.e. S drive folders)
NOTE: Graduate Assistants hired through the Graduate School are already considered employees, so they will not need a student employee account. However, if you are hiring a graduate student on your own, they will need a student employee account.
What Accounts will be CreatedThe student employee will be given the following accounts:
- Student employee NetID (the user name will be staff + "." + their current student NetID i.e., staff.smithj44)
- Student employee TitanApps account with email address (i.e., email@example.com)
Student Employee Email Accounts
- Students should only use the employee email account for work purposes (email or access to Google drive)
- They are not required to use this account if it is not needed
Student accounts are limited to logging in on computer lab computers only. The old generic job accounts were restricted to specific computers. Student employee accounts do not have these restriction because the use of the account is covered under employee policy and the account activity is tied to a single user.
Just as an employee who works in two different areas of campus has access to computers and resources of both areas, student employees working in two different areas will have access to both sets of resources.
When will the Student Employee Account Deactivate
When student employee status ends, the supervisor needs to contact the help desk so the student employee account can be disabled, unless the student is working elsewhere on campus.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org