Canvas - Create a Sandbox Course (formerly known as Master Course)
Faculty can create their own Master Course in Canvas.
The following instructions are for creating Sandbox Courses previously known as Master Courses shells. A Sandbox Course is used to develop course materials that will be used for academic courses (courses you will find in TitanWeb). If you need an empty course shell for a non-academic course, such as employee training or departmental intranets, please email the UW Oshkosh HelpDesk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request an empty course shell.
- Login to Canvas using your NetID from canvas.uwosh.edu
- Choose the "Help" button in your Global Navigation (bottom left of your browser window)
- Choose the "Create a Sandbox Course" link from the help flyout menu
- Fill out the form using the naming conventions below (we use this to help make it easy to find your course if you have a problem)
- Course Name: your course name + (MC)
- example: European Art (MC)
- Course Code: MC_DEPT_COURSE NUMBER_FACULTY LAST NAME
- example: MC_ART_100_JONES
- Choose your department