Campus Vision - Submission Guidelines
This document reviews the submission policy for Campus Vision content.
Campus Vision is an electronic marketing tool to be used to inform the campus community of upcoming university activities and services. Campus Vision is displayed on TVs in the lobby of each residence hall, as well as many of the academic buildings, Reeve Union, and the Culver Family Welcome Center. It is managed by IT and administered by the AV Support Coordinator.
The Campus Vision system is organized by playlists. The guidelines below are for the campus-wide playlist, but each area should follow a similar set of principles when creating and scheduling content.
- Campus Vision is available only to recognized student organizations and campus departments.
- IT, Reeve Marketing and UMC reserve the right to edit any request for appearance, available space or clarification. Furthermore, IT and UMC reserve the right to refuse messages that may be considered offensive or in violation of copyright.
- Messages may run for a maximum of two weeks. Extensions to this period will be considered on an individual basis and require permission from the AV support coordinator.
- Each organization can have a maximum of four slides displayed on Campus Vision at any given time. Exceptions are made on an individual basis
- Static slides run for a maximum of seven seconds.
- IT, Reeve Marketing and UMC will attempt to accommodate all requests; however, the submission of a message does not guarantee that it will be posted
How to submit:
Messages/slides should be submitted seven days prior to first run date. Send requests via email to email@example.com or through UMC’s Request Form. Please include "Campus Vision" in the subject line.
Include the following information with your request:
- Run dates
- Sponsoring organization
- Contact name and email
- Your message/slide in one of the formats below
- Your message should be understood by the viewer in a few seconds. Limit the amount of text.
- Give a clear “call to action.” Send the viewer to a website, stop by a location...etc.
- Use images generated from by your own area. Do not use images that infringe on copyright rules.
- Slides should include the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh lettermark and logo/name of the sponsoring department.
- Use at least 24-point font in a color that is in high contrast to the background. Use common, easy to read fonts (Times New Roman, Courier New, Arial, Arial Black or similar). Script and picture fonts are not recommended.
Content Formatting Standards
All content must be formatted to a 16:9 Aspect Ratio.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org