Topics Map > IT Services > Account Access and Use
Topics Map > IT Services > IT Security
Topics Map > IT Services > Network/Phones
VPN (UW-Oshkosh, Windows) Install and Connect Campus-Owned Device
How to install and connect to GlobalProtect VPN from a campus-owned device
This document references the new GlobalProtect VPN. To use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN, see this KB article instead: AnyConnect VPN (UW-Oshkosh, Windows) - Setup VPN
GlobalProtect can be installed to provide VPN access to protected campus services while away from campus. You must request access to use the VPN, see VPN - Requesting Access for details. Follow this procedure to install and connect the GlobalProtect agent software.
- Open the Windows Software Center from the icon on your desktop or in the Start menu
- In the list, find the Palo Alto GlobalProtect Agent. The version number may differ from that listed below. Click on the item to select it.
- Click the Install button to install the program.
Once installed, you connect the VPN to establish a secure connection to campus.
- From the windows icon tray in the lower right corner, click the GlobalProtect icon which looks like a small globe. It may be hidden by default, if so click on the arrow to show hidden icons.
- In the connection window, enter ondemand.vpn.uwosh.edu
- Click Connect to begin the connection process. When prompted, enter your NetID username and password. The prompt may vary depending on if you have connected before or not.
- You are now connected to campus and can access protected resources. Once completed with your work, click the GlobalProtect icon and click Disconnect.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org