VPN - Install and Connect Campus-Owned Windows Device
How to install and connect to GlobalProtect VPN from a campus-owned device
GlobalProtect can be installed to provide VPN access to protected campus services while away from campus. You must request access to use the VPN, see [Link for document 71039 is unavailable at this time.] for details. Follow this procedure to install and connect the GlobalProtect agent software.
Install the GlobalProtect agent once on each computer you wish to access from. Be advised
: you must be on a UW Oshkosh campus to install the software via Software Center. If installing on a non-campus managed computer, follow the instructions here instead: 88672.
- Open the Windows Software Center from the icon on your desktop or in the Start menu
- In the list, find the Palo Alto GlobalProtect Agent. The version number may differ from that listed below. Click on the item to select it.
- Click the Install button to install the program.
After a few moments the installation will complete and you can proceed to connect.
Once installed, you connect the VPN to establish a secure connection to campus.
- From the windows icon tray in the lower right corner, click the GlobalProtect icon which looks like a small globe. It may be hidden by default, if so click on the arrow to show hidden icons.
- In the connection window, enter ondemand.vpn.uwosh.edu
- Click Connect to begin the connection process. When prompted, enter your NetID username and password. The prompt may vary depending on if you have connected before or not.
- You are now connected to campus and can access protected resources. Once completed with your work, click the GlobalProtect icon and click Disconnect.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com