Topics Map > IT Services > Account Access and Use
Topics Map > IT Services > IT Security
Topics Map > IT Services > Network/Phones
VPN (UW-Oshkosh, Mac) Install and Connect Non-Campus Device
How to install and connect to GlobalProtect VPN from a non-campus device
This document references the new GlobalProtect VPN. To use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN, see this KB article instead: AnyConnect VPN (UW-Oshkosh, Mac) - Setup VPN
GlobalProtect can be installed to provide VPN access to protected campus services while away from campus. You must request access to use the VPN, see VPN - Requesting Access for details. Follow this procedure to install and connect the GlobalProtect agent software.
- With a web browser, visit https://ondemand.vpn.uwosh.edu/
- Log in with your NetID username and password
- Select to download the Mac version of the GlobalProtect Agent software. If prompted, choose to Keep the downloaded file.
- Locate the downloaded GlobalProtect installer within your Downloads folder and double-click to open
- The installer will open. Click Continue to proceed.
- Leave the default options selected and click Continue
- Click Install to install the software. If prompted, enter your computer username and password to authorize the installation.
- Click Close to complete the installation.
- You may be prompted to allow the extension on newer versions of OS X. If so, click Open Security Preferences
- Click the Allow button within the Security Preferences window.
- If prompted, check the box for Palo Alto Networks and click OK
Once installed, connect the VPN to establish a secure connection to campus.
- Click the GlobalProtect icon at the top of the screen. The GlobalProtect icon looks like a small globe.
- In the connection window, enter ondemand.vpn.uwosh.edu
- Click Connect to begin the connection process. When prompted, enter your NetID username and password.
- You are now connected to campus and can access protected resources. Once completed with your work, click the GlobalProtect icon and click Disconnect.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org