Collaborate Ultra - Best Practices for using PowerPoint Slides
This document provides some best practices when using Collaborate Ultra, especially with PowerPoint slides.
Best Practices for using PowerPoint files in Collaborate Ultra
Courtesy of the University of Edinburgh
When creating PowerPoint slides to be used during a Collaborate Ultra session, please consider the following:
- Use Arial font.
- Do not extend margins, keep the default.
- As in any use of PowerPoint, don't be too wordy. Collaborate may cut off the bottom of your slide.
- Keep the file name short and without special characters.
- There is a file size limit of 60MB, so keep your file small.
- Animations will NOT work in Collaborate Ultra.
- Embedded video or audio files will NOT work in Collaborate Ultra.
- Avoid use of high resolution images.
A recommended alternative is to convert your PowerPoint file to PDF format. Then upload the PDF to Collaborate. The PDF will upload quicker and easier than a PowerPoint file.
Another option, though sometimes more difficult to manage, is to use the Share Application/Screen option instead of Share Files.
Additional help can be found at https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra.
If you need further assistance please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 920-424-3020 or email@example.com